One of the South-West's most respected Construction and Civil Engineering contractors in Cornwall. Based in Truro, RHOS Construction offers a wide range of specialist disciplines to discerning clients throughout its home county of Cornwall.
Established in the early 1990's, RHOS Construction has been particularly active in roadworks, groundworks and mine capping in recent years and the company is moving more and more into housing, commercial building and refurbishment.
RHOS Construction has assembled a team of highly motivated Construction and Civil Engineering Contractors in Cornwall and staff capable of delivering many types of construction projects on time and with safety paramount.
The company employs its own experienced groundwork and minecapping teams giving it the edge on many of its competitors in terms of cost and quality.
Whether delivering a standalone project or bringing strength as part of a team we can demonstrate total flexibility, creativity and the ability to deliver to a high standard of service and quality to our customers creating working relationships and the ability to attract new clients.
For all your Construction and Civil Engineering in Cornwall, your Civil Engineering in Cornwall & Industrial Development in Cornwall, contact us now for a free no obligation quotation.
Our Civil Engineering and Building Services in Cornwall:-
RHOS Construction recognises and values the provision of information on this website in a format which is accessible to all, regardless of ability or disability.
To ensure that this happens, we have programmed our website following published web standards and accessibility guidelines. The site is developed using valid XHTML and cascading style sheets (CSS). Our site content is separated from presentational elements, which makes it available to any visitors that use technologies such as a screen reader or text only browser.
WAI Level AA accessibility
To meet this standard we adhere to the W3C's guidelines on accessibility to WAI Level AA standard.
Through further development of our web services we strive to improve our compliance and aim to meet as many of the WAI Level AAA guidelines as are achievable.
What is an accessible website?
An accessible site is one that accommodates the full range of users. Designing for accessibility therefore means accepting that, for online information, there is:
- no standard information user, and,
- no standard device for browsing information
An accessible website does not exclude anybody due to:
- their abilities, or
- the method they choose to access the web
Accessible websites prioritise clear content, structure and ease of navigation over frilly aspects of design, however they also need not be visually unattractive, nor are they prevented from using the latest web technologies, provided that all information is still accessible to users.
You can use your browser settings to change the text size for all the websites that you visit. The technique for doing this is slightly different depending on the browser that you use.
Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term 'RHOS Construction' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Chenoweths Garage, Ruanhighlanes, Truro, Cornwall, TR2 5JT. Our company registration number is [company registration number and place of registration]. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
RHOS Construction is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
RHOS Construction may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2011.
We may collect the following information
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:-
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:-
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by RHOS Construction and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of RHOS Construction. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, RHOS Construction takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This website and its content is copyright © RHOS Construction 2010 - 2011. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Meet the team at RHOS Construction
Andy Allum (left) - Left school at 16 and joined Sir Alfred McAlpine as junior setting out engineer. Obtained HNC Civil Engineering at 20. Projects included large housing sites, motorway maintenance, Supermarkets. Came to Cornwall in 1990 and joined Blackman Construction working on Tesco in Truro. On the demise of this company joined forces with Brian Chenoweth (Aggregates & Minerals Ltd) to form Rhos Construction as groundwork's, civil engineering and mine capping company.